UI Design Internship
Creatives at AKQA apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insight to create and bring to life beautiful ideas that move the world. Skilled storytellers and conceptors, they work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop labours of love that delight customers and deliver results for clients.
As a Designer Intern at AKQA, you will play an essential role in the strategy, conception and design of beautiful ideas, products and services. You will bring exceptional creative thought and craft output, developing and delivering from brief to end user.
Based in our Milan studio, you will join a cross-functional team focused on delivering outstanding outcomes while having fun and learning from each other. Since your health is our first priority, we are currently working and holding interview processes remotely. Once the emergency is over, we are planning to roll out a remote working policy we will be happy to discuss with you during the hiring process.
Through our internship program, you will be an integrated part of the UI Design Team, assisting it across a mix of branding, digital and experience design. You will assist, as well as own, specific tasks and deliverables, that may include:
- Contribute individually and partecipate in cross-funtional teams
- Organize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Work under the supervision of the Design Director & Senior Designer across a wide range of clients and projects for some of the biggest brands in the world
- Learn about day to day working in a creative agency, through the exposure to client and agency dynamics
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Some experience working on projects as a Designer, including web and UI design experience.
- Experience with Figma/Sketch, Creative Cloud.
- Experience working with Prototyping tools (Principle, ProtoPie).
- A degree in Design, Interaction Design, Visual Studies or other design-related field is preferred.
- Ability and experience to produce designs across a variety of formats, platforms and environments.
- Creation of presentations to share conceptual thinking and proposals.
- Understanding of digital Design Systems, design processes and front-end implementation.
- Understands the technical possibilities and limitations of web development
- Extreme attention to detail and focus on craft
- Strong organizational skills
- Team-oriented and willing to learn
- Confident speaking in English
AKQA is committed to developing wellbeing and supporting life choices for our team. We provide an extensive range of benefits. To find out more click here.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.