New York, United States
Creatives at AKQA apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insight to create and bring to life beautiful ideas that move the world. Skilled storytellers and conceptors, they work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop labors of love that delight customers and deliver results for clients.
AKQA UI Designers are web and interactive designers and conceptors. They share a talent for transforming great ideas into engaging creative that captures imaginations across the world.
You will bring exceptional creative thought and craft output, delivering projects from brief to consumer in partnership with the Client, Technology and wider Creative teams.
Located in the Union Square area of New York City, as part of AKQA you will have access to world-renowned thought leadership from influential authors, athletes, artists and entrepreneurs. You will work in an environment that fosters a meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
- Support. Supports senior-level Designers by implementing primary design direction and incorporating the best design and technology practices to provide cohesive support of overall creative strategies.
- Develops a professional, articulate, and mature presence in all aspects of team and client relationship-building. Proactively researches and pursues ideas for professional development. Seeks out creative mentorship when required.
- Creative craft skills.Demonstrates competent execution of innovative and effective digital communications and interface design across different digital platforms; proficient in the most up-to-date design programs.
- Idea generation.Capable of playing an active role in brainstorming and idea generation with senior members of the creative department to conceptualize world-class, innovative ideas that deliver successful solutions. Clearly communicates ideas and thoughts.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- An excellent portfolio
- A minimum of two years’ experience in graphic design and/or advertising; digital and/or traditional sector
- Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in graphic design from a four-year university or a two-year portfolio school
- Exceptional design aesthetic, variations on styles, and awareness of design trends and innovation
- Proficiency with Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and other design programs
- Solid typography skills
- The ability to use the latest animation programs is a huge plus
- Understands the technical possibilities and limitations of web development
- Strong organizational skills and extreme attention to detail
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.