Atlanta, United States
User Experience Design Director
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
From our midtown location in the heart of Atlanta, AKQA offers our staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world’s most thriving cities.
The User Experience Director at AKQA operates at a leadership level across creative and experience strategy. As an inspirational leader, the User Experience Director drives user-centered design processes in partnership with Technology, Creative and Planning teams.
- Proven track record in IA, interface design and service design
- The ability to lead, coach, inspire and motivate a team to create and deliver truly remarkable, influential and impactful work
- A solid understanding and demonstration of user-centered design principles
- The ability to lead the design of large, complex systems of interactions
- The ability to attract and recruit exceptional talent
- Ensure a collaborative “one team” approach comprising both client and agency representatives
- Encourage progressive thinking and the pushing of boundaries
- Encourage state-of-the-art techniques and thought leadership activities to stimulate professional development and inspiration within the team
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- A compelling portfolio of distinctive work that spans product/service design and storytelling
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Expert cross-functional collaboration
- Broad cultural reference points
- Fearlessly, boundlessly creative and relentlessly attentive to detail
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.