Atlanta, United States
User Experience Design Intern
Creatives at AKQA apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insight to create and bring to life beautiful ideas that move the world. Skilled storytellers and conceptors, they work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop labors of love that delight customers and deliver results for clients.
As a User Experience Design Intern at AKQA, you love a challenge and strive to create simple solutions to complex problems. You will apply artistry and craftsmanship, user-centric and requirements-driven thinking, as well as an intense attention to detail, as you collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams to craft innovative products for our clients. And you never fail to empathize with the user on the other end of the experiences you create.
From our midtown location in the heart of Atlanta, AKQA offers our staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world’s most thriving cities.
The Summer Internship Program is a paid program that will run from June through the end of July. In addition to integrating into our client teams, you will work with your internship class to take on a challenging assignment as a team. Throughout the summer together, you will define, structure, and manage this assignment from concept to execution, and have the opportunity to present your ideas to the agency.
Through our internship program, you will be an integrated part of the Creative team and have the opportunity to join multidisciplinary project teams, concepting and executing digital solutions for industry-leading brands. You will assist, as well as own, specific tasks and deliverables that may include:
• Assist mid- to senior-level User Experience Designers with secondary design and documentation.
• Partner with Visual Designers, Writers, Developers, and Strategists to support the creative solutions for projects.
• Produce documentation such as content inventories, competitive reviews, heuristic evaluations, persona development, user flows, sitemaps, wireframes, and UI specifications.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
• A solid academic background in human-computer interaction or related field
• Excellent analytical, communication, and teamwork skills
• Strong organizational skills and extreme attention to detail
• Proficiency with Sketch, Invision, InDesign, Illustrator, and Excel
• A working knowledge of current web technologies and usability best practices
• Completing a Bachelors or Masters degree program
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.