Washington D.C., United States
User Experience Design Internship
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Located on the Georgetown Waterfront in Washington, D.C., as part of AKQA you will have access to world-renowned thought leadership from influential authors, athletes, artists and entrepreneurs.
Through our internship program you will have the opportunity to work alongside multidisciplinary teams, concepting and executing digital solutions for industry-leading brands. We’re looking for critical thinkers, natural problem solvers, and insatiable consumers of new ideas and information. You’re someone who loves a challenge and finds simple solutions to complex problems. You can find a way to add value to any situation and identify ways to make ideas better. You’re a strong communicator and storyteller, both in written and verbal form. And you’re passionate about our mission of creating the future with our clients.
- Support. Assists mid- to senior-level User Experience Designers with secondary design and documentation. Works collaboratively with Visual Designers, Writers, Developers, and Strategic Planners to support the creative solutions for projects.
- Develop. Proactively researches and pursues ideas for professional development. Develops a thorough knowledge of the user experience practice and community through active research and experimentation with evolving design principles, standards, and best practices.
- Creative craft skills. Demonstrates the ability to produce tangible documentation, including: content inventories, competitive reviews, heuristic evaluations, persona development, user flows, sitemaps, wireframes, and UI specifications. Masters the craft of user experience, following industry and agency standards and best practices. Researches and identifies source material and references it for user experience.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- A solid academic background in human-computer interaction or related field
- Excellent analytical, communication, and teamwork skills. Strong organizational skills and extreme attention to detail
- Proficiency with Sketch, Invision, InDesign, Illustrator, and Excel
- A working knowledge of current web technologies and usability best practices
- A portfolio of work is recommended
This is a paid 10-week summer internship. Interns may have an opportunity to convert to a permanent position based on a successful internship experience as well as the successful completion of degree requirements. The ability to convert to a permanent position is contingent upon business needs at the time of eligibility.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.