Sydney – Gadigal Country, Australia
User Experience Designer
Experience Designers at AKQA craft, concept, and deliver interfaces that make technology more natural and enjoyable to use. With expertise in design strategy, technology and brand, our design team of researchers, interface designers and user experience designers take a human-centred approach to create beautiful and meaningful brand experiences.
As a User Experience (UX) Designer, you’ll apply your deep knowledge of iterative, user-centered design to deliver the highest quality user-centered solutions. Your work will include requirements gathering, user research and profiling, workflow diagrams, content hierarchies, wireframing, prototyping, usability testing and interface development. You’ll collaborate with visual designers, data specialists, content writers and other project team members to explore and propose elegant and innovative UX solutions.
Located in Sydney as part of AKQA you’ll work in an innovative and inclusive culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You’ll also have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team and have access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we are committed to both your career growth and your work/life balance.
- Facilitate and advocate a user-centered design process.
- Participate in user research, including customer interviews and user testing.
- Meet with clients to become aware of their requirements (business analysis).
- Champion and participate in team brainstorms and other idea generation activities.
- Sketch high-level strategic concepts that answer user and business needs.
- Create information architecture and interactive prototypes in ‘clickable’ prototype platforms such as Axure.
- Present solutions to team members and clients in clear and compelling ways.
- Oversee the implementation of solutions and provide tactical interaction design as required.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Deep knowledge of user-centric design, information architecture, experience strategy, product and service design and associated qualitative and quantitative customer research techniques.
- Broad (but less in-depth) knowledge of visual design, front-end software development etc.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- The ability to mentor junior experience designers.
- Passionate, curious and a keen eye on the future of design and technology.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Indigenous people are encouraged to apply for this role.