Gothenburg, Sweden & Stockholm, Sweden
User Experience Designer
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and experiences that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients. Strategic Experience Designers are creative problem solvers at AKQA, adept at identifying a strategic path forward from ambiguity to a world class solution that is rooted in user need, aligned to business objectives. As the core voice of the user, you apply empathy, systems thinking & craftsmanship to design solutions to human problems. In our studio, you are the user-centred glue that binds collaboration.
At AKQA, Experience Designers are part of the Strategy discipline, working closely with both creatives and product designers. As a role key for the growth & evolution of the Strategic Experience team, you will work in an environment which fosters a dynamic and meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
- A compelling portfolio of strategic design work that spans a wide variety of touchpoints & categories, and demonstrates an ability to develop impactful user strategy, envision solutions and solve complex problems in different ways.
- Demonstrate knowledge of all aspects of the Service & UX design toolbox, advocate for used-centred design techniques and processes and outline high quality deliverables that can be applied across a variety of project types.
- Be the voice of the customer, research needs, wants and pains, synthesise insights and translate them into value-adds along the entire customer lifecycle.
- Stay in tune with digital and CX trends and methodologies, evangelise and use them to deliver innovative solutions that surprise and delight.
- A good understanding of digital platforms, technologies and/or environments to be able to understand solutions and work with other team members.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate on & strategically lead a project across multi-disciplinary individuals.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- Exceptional visual, verbal & written communication skills.
- Curious and passionate, you can identify patterns, trends and insights.
- A natural problem solver, bringing a strong point of view to any project you work on.
- Ability to think strategically, creatively and conceptually.
- You embrace learning & always willing to learn more.
- You enjoy working in collaborative & multi-disciplinary teams.
- You’re ambitious and have a drive for excellence.
- You embrace challenges, and new ways of thinking.
- You enjoy getting into the nitty-gritty of a problem and have a sharp eye for detail.
- A lateral and creative thinker; understanding & making complex topics understandable.
- You enjoy engaging with users through research or with clients and other stakeholders.
- You’re comfortable confidently presenting your point of view or your work.
- Enthusiastic, solution focused can-doer attitude.
Please include your portfolio link and examples of your work in your application.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.