London, United Kingdom
User Experience Director
The User Experience team at AKQA are at the forefront of new thinking and techniques. Responsible for the development of innovative customer experiences across a wide variety of channels and devices, the team use their own research, ideation and design, with minimal direction.
As a UX Director at AKQA, you will lead research, ideation and design, while managing other members of the UX team. You will be responsible for the creation of innovative customer experiences across a wide variety of channels and devices. From initial define stages, requirements identification, overall objectives and user experience strategy, through to final experience design, you will be accountable for the creation of the highest quality user experience deliverables.
You will work in an autonomous and collaborative manner, leading team members in collaboration with other disciplines. You will be expected to come up with ideas of how best to deliver your work in line with AKQA standards and you will be the key UX champion/liaison with your clients, helping to share ideas while managing client expectations and participation in the UX design process.
Located next to good transport links in the heart of Clerkenwell, at AKQA you will have access to world-renowned thought leadership from influential authors, athletes, artists and entrepreneurs. A working environment which fosters a meritocratic culture and encourages ownership, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their field.
- Apply solid user experience and usability principles while looking for opportunities to innovate.
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of all aspects of the UCD approach and the ability to apply them flexibly across a variety of project types.
- Able to use/introduce more advanced UCD techniques (rapid prototyping, remote testing etc.) to improve efficiency in the user experience process and the quality of the solution.
- Awareness of Service Design techniques and how these can be applied to digital user experience.
- Able to contribute at a high level to overall strategic client approach, taking into account relevant marketplace, consumer and technology factors.
- Able to develop UE solutions for a wide variety of platforms and devices.
- Plan and manager large-scale projects; identifying activities that need to be carried out, plus the efforts needed to complete them, in a completely structured way for large-scale and complex projects with multiple work-streams.
- Promote collaborative work practices and identify opportunities to improve quality and increase efficiency through collaborative design.
- Take an active role in new business pitches for the account where appropriate.
- Leverage relationships to extend AKQA’s remit with client organisations and seek out opportunities with related client brands.
- Provide direction, leadership, and guidance to members of the User Experience team and ensure the team has a high level of morale.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Extensive information architecture/content strategy/user experience/usability experience for blue-chip clients.
- Experience of line management and team development.
- Experience of working with standard IA and UCD tools and processes.
- Solid understanding of innovative technologies.
- Experience of content management systems and e-commerce.
- Experience of cross-platform design.
- Knowledge of designing for social is highly beneficial.
Please include your portfolio link and examples of your work in your application. We are not able to accept applications that do not include a link to your work.
AKQA is committed to developing wellbeing and supporting life choices for our team. We provide an extensive range of benefits. To find out more click here
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.