Washington DC, United States
User Experience Director
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
User Experience Directors at AKQA apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insights, designing articulate, beautiful and impactful customer experiences across a wide variety of channels and devices. Skilled storytellers and architects, they work in a multidisciplinary environment to create data-driven, user-centered solutions that transform business for our clients.
Hands-on and endlessly curious, User Experience Directors take ownership for UX deliverables across client projects, while guiding junior members in work ethic, attitude and working methodology.
Based in DC, our collaborative teams work across a broad range of clients in design, strategy, analytics, product management, content, user experience and technology, with a core focus in the creation of brand-centric integrated campaign work.
We exist to create the future with our clients and that partnership is the basis of our practice. We work collaboratively across client teams to ensure each experience is of the highest quality and has a measurable impact on the customer and business alike.
- A strong understanding and demonstration of user-centered design principles
- Demonstrates strong proficiency in patterns of interaction, layout, typography, form, color, and the role of motion
- Independently delivers innovative solutions to complex problems and is able to responsibly create and introduce new interaction patterns
- Sets the foundational experience design direction for the team
- Guides project team thinking and distills into clear, concise direction
- Manages personal tasks while guiding junior members to hit deadlines and achieve project success
- Capable of defining user journeys and developing ideas from an objective point of view based on research and strategic insights, and can effectively communicate this point of view with senior management on both the agency and client sides
- Guides the team effort to produce best-in-class solutions against requirements and technical constraints and independently builds and guides the creation of prototypes to be validated by leadership and testing
- Demonstrates the ability to lead the design of large and complex systems of interactions across multiple projects, contributing to and guiding all documentation produced by the project team
- Able to contribute to thought leadership activities within the discipline and work with team members to continuously set new standards for UX activities and deliverables and agency processes
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- You have a compelling portfolio of distinctive work showing both product and service design as well as storytelling that demonstrates experience leading or executing the design of complex systems across multiple platforms, including responsive web, mobile applications and touch-based interfaces
- You have experience leading or executing customer journey maps, experience maps and service blueprint diagrams
- You display mastery of wireframing as well as crafting of high-fidelity design flows and prototypes using Figma, Miro, Principle, InVision, Azure and/or Framer
- You have exceptional written and oral communication skills and a passion for annotating concept flows with rationale, research, implications, goals, opportunities, considerations, potential constraints and open questions
- You have expertise in cross-functional collaboration
- You are able to assist and guide other User Experience Designers in their professional development
- You foster innovation and progressive, limitless thinking
Explore our extensive range of benefits here.
This role is associated with the Washington D.C. studio.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.