Sydney – Gadigal Country, Australia
User Experience Researcher
Experience Designers at AKQA craft, concept, and deliver interfaces that make technology more natural and enjoyable to use. With expertise in design strategy, technology and brand, our design team of researchers, visual designers and user experience designers take a human-centred approach to create beautiful and meaningful brand experiences.
We’re looking for a Senior UX Researcher who can inform strategy and design process by providing insights about user needs, goals and behaviours. The Senior UX Researcher is a highly skilled research practitioner with passion and experience in UX research processes. Not only will you develop research plans, facilitate user tests and communicate research findings to internal and external stakeholders, but you’ll also be the advocate for the voice of the user.
At AKQA Sydney, you will work in an innovative and inclusive culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team and have access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we are committed to your career growth, as well as to your work/life balance. Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Indigenous people are encouraged to apply for this role.
- Drive a user-centred design process for projects, working closely with XD designers, strategists and data analysts.
- Lead initiatives on research projects, offering support and guidance to others.
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise in web development and mobile/cross platform user experience.
- Develop research strategies throughout the project lifecycle, from conception to launch and ongoing optimisation.
- Plan and execute large-scale research and user sessions.
- Source external parties to plan and execute large-scale research.
- Conduct research using a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods including surveys, interviews and testing.
- Provide recommendations to the XD design team based on findings.
- Explore and adapt new research methodologies as appropriate.
- Moderate and facilitate user research sessions, in person and remotely.
- Clearly communicate and report user problems and user needs in a way that easily translates insights into actionable solutions.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Previous experience in a dedicated research role.
- Experience with analytics data, A/B testing and other quantitative sources is desirable.
- Experience with qualitative behavioural and attitudinal research techniques.
- Experience with third-party or secondary research.
- Ability to lead, inspire, and positively influence others.
- Ability to innovate and think creatively to deliver results
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Indigenous people are encouraged to apply for this role.