San Francisco, United States
User Experience (UX) Director
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients. Clients include Activision, Audi, Blizzard, Genentech, IBM Watson, Levi Strauss & Co and Service Now.
From our location in San Francisco's SOMA district - the epicenter of the Bay Area's technology industry - AKQA offers our staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world's most vibrant and beautiful cities
User Experience Designers at AKQA apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insight to articulate impactful systems, products and services that move the world. Skilled storytellers and architects, they work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop work that is distinctive, effective and truly remarkable.
The User Experience Director at AKQA operates at a leadership level across creative and experience strategy. As an inspirational leader, the User Experience Director drives user-centered design processes in partnership with Technology, Creative and Planning teams.
- Proven track record in IA, interface design and service design
- The ability to lead, coach, inspire and motivate a team to create and deliver truly remarkable, influential and impactful work
- A solid understanding and demonstration of user-centered design principles
- The ability to lead the design of large, complex systems of interactions
- The ability to attract and recruit exceptional talent
- Ensure a collaborative “one team” approach comprising both client and agency representatives
- Encourage progressive thinking and the pushing of boundaries
- Encourage state-of-the-art techniques and thought leadership activities to stimulate professional development and inspiration within the team
Skills and Experience
- A compelling portfolio of distinctive work that spans product/service design and storytelling
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Expert cross-functional collaboration
- Broad cultural reference points
- Fearlessly, boundlessly creative and relentlessly attentive to detail