User Experience (UX) Researcher
Experience Designers at AKQA craft, concept, and deliver interfaces that make technology more natural and enjoyable to use. With expertise in design strategy, technology and brand, our design team of researchers, visual designers and user experience designers take a human-centred approach to create beautiful and meaningful brand experiences.
We’re looking for a UX Researcher who can inform strategy and design process by providing insights about user needs, goals and behaviours. The UX Researcher is a highly skilled research practitioner with passion and experience in UX research processes. Not only will you develop research plans, facilitate user tests and communicate research findings to internal and external stakeholders, but you’ll also be the advocate for the voice of the user.
At AKQA Melbourne, you'll work in a meritocratic culture surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You'll have the opportunity to learn and grow, with access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we're committed to your career growth, as well as your work/life balance.
- Drive a user-centred design process for projects, working closely with XD designers, strategists and data analysts.
- Take the lead and initiative on research projects, offering support and guidance to others.
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise in web development and mobile/cross platform user experience.
- Develop research strategies throughout the project lifecycle, from conception to launch and ongoing optimisation.
- Plan and execute large-scale research and user sessions.
- Source external parties to plan and execute large-scale research.
- Conduct research using a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods including surveys, interviews and testing.
- Make recommendations to the XD design team based on findings.
- Explore and adapt new research methodologies as appropriate.
- Moderate and facilitate user research sessions, in person and remotely.
- Clearly communicate and report user problems and user needs in a way that easily translates insights into actionable solutions.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Strong experience in a dedicated research role.
- Experience with analytics data, A/B testing and other quantitative sources is desirable.
- Experience with qualitative behavioural and attitudinal research techniques.
- Experience with third-party or secondary research.
- Experience with card sorting, diary studies and user interviews.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.