User Experience (UX) Strategy & Design Lead
At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
From our location in San Francisco's SOMA district—the epicenter of the Bay Area's technology industry—AKQA offers our staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world's most vibrant and beautiful cities.
As a User Experience (UX) Strategy & Design Lead, you will help manage, lead and grow the UX team in the San Francisco studio. This person will be looked to as the voice of UX both internally and externally. You will be responsible for overseeing and delivering accessible and meaningful experiences of the highest quality. You will demonstrate intellectual curiosity and a strong sense of craft. As well as champion user-centered design. and understand the principals of design thinking. You will also be responsible for consistent quality and overall UX design excellence across your accounts. Working collaboratively with client services, strategy, creative, technology, data analytics, and media teams–the UX Strategy & Design Lead will be focused on, and responsible for, helping our clients develop, produce and launch truly innovative, revolutionary digital products, services, and experiences.
- Lead team to deliver end-to-end UX design projects, ensuring outcomes meet both business and user goals
- Lead and motivate the team to create and deliver impactful work across an agile methodology
- Ensure a collaborative ‘one team’ approach of both client and agency
- Demonstrate sound design principles via artifacts such as user flows, IA, site maps and wireframes, coupled with a high degree of comfort in producing prototypes using tools such as Axure and Sketch
- Experience leading user research and stakeholder interviews
- Experience leading customer journeys and roadmaps
- Provide UX mentorship across accounts and the wider XD discipline
- Identify new opportunities to improve the sprint-based process with other team members
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- 8+ years’ experience within a dedicated UX role (client-side or agency)
- Compelling portfolio of distinctive UX work
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Able to build trusted relationships with client stakeholders
- Able to mentor and grow a team, demonstrating a strong collaborative spirit
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires an accommodation, please let us know.