User Experince Designer
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Located on the Georgetown Waterfront in Washington D.C., as part of AKQA you will have access to world-renowned thought leadership. You will work in an environment that fosters a meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
Creatives at AKQA apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insight to create and bring to life beautiful ideas that move the world. Skilled storytellers and conceptors, they work in a multidisciplinary environment to develop labors of love that delight customers and deliver results for clients.
The User Experience Designer is naturally adaptive and agile as well as passionate about UX and the value it creates. Responsible for the development of innovative customer experiences across a wide variety of channels and devices, they lead user experience activities on key projects and initiatives. The Senior User Experience Designer collaborates with multi-disciplinary teams to create innovate experiences for clients.
- A solid understanding and demonstration of user-centered design principles
- The ability to lead the design of large and complex systems of interactions
- Able to utilise state-of-the-art techniques and contribute to thought leadership activities
- Work with team members to develop streamlined UX processes
- Proactively pursues opportunities to improve the strategy to better address client and user objectives.
- Continually innovates and improves on the agency processes and deliverables to set new standards
- Demonstrates the ability to lead a team of user experience designers working on multiple projects and assumes responsibility for all documentation produced by the User Experience team
- Capable of defining consumers, processes, and ideas from an objective point of view based on research and insight, and can effectively communicate this point of view with senior management on both the agency and client sides
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- You have a compelling portfolio of distinctive work showing both product and service design as well as storytelling
- Able to develop simple and elegant design solutions to complex design problems
- You have exceptional written and oral communication skills
- You have expertise in cross-functional collaboration
- Assists and guides other User Experience Designers in their professional development, fostering innovation in the User Experience team.
- Foster progressive and limitless thinking
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.