Sydney – Gadigal Country, Australia
User Interface Designer
Experience Designers at AKQA craft, concept, and deliver interfaces that make technology more natural and enjoyable to use. With expertise in design strategy, technology and brand, our design team of researchers, visual designers and user experience designers take a human-centred approach to create beautiful and meaningful brand experiences.
As a UI Designer you’ll have a deep understanding of HCD, and you will be able to leverage UX principles and best practices to inform your UI decisions. You will collaborate with UX designers, researchers and developers to conceive and create innovative digital user experiences. You are passionate about human-centred design and dedicated to building our reputation for work that is ground-breaking and influential.
Located in Sydney, as part of AKQA you’ll work in an innovative and inclusive culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You’ll also have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team and have access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we are committed to both your career growth and your work/life balance.
- Conceive, develop and execute expertly crafted digital design solutions across websites and mobile apps
- Strong knowledge of human-centred design and information architecture
- Experience on definition, creation and maintenance of design systems
- Working knowledge of UX process and related methodologies
- Confidently collaborate and present work to AKQA clients and teams
- Proactively research and pursue ideas for professional development
- Take ownership for the timely execution of all project deliverables
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Proficiency in Figma, Adobe CS, Sketch, Invision and other prototyping tools
- Exceptional online digital portfolio across a range of digital products
- Confident presenting to a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience working on large scale enterprise projects and content management systems is (or in large teams) advantageous but not essential
- Front end development or ecommerce experience is advantageous but not essential
- Strong and creative problem-solving capabilities
- Be curious and question the status quo
- Have a balanced approach knowing when to collaborate and when to work autonomously
- Be motivated and driven to deliver the best work of your career
- Have empathy illustrating you care about people, their needs and desires in order to gain knowledge of the ‘why’ and deliver user centric solutions
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Indigenous people are encouraged to apply for this role.