New York, NY
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
The User Experience Designer at AKQA will apply their micro/macro, user-centric and requirements-driven thinking to collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams daily. They can sketch out any idea quickly and articulate them in a simple and clear way. Conducting user research and synthesizing it into artifacts like personas is part of their role as well as shaping the information architecture of products with sitemaps, user scenarios and user flows. Relentless attention to detail is required to create wireframes and functional specifications at a fast pace for highly complex solutions. Creating complex interactive prototypes in varying levels of fidelity is also part of the role.
- Support. Works with team members to develop streamlined user experience processes.
- Develop. Proactively pursues opportunities to improve the strategy to better address client and user objectives. Continually innovates and improves on the agency processes and deliverables to set new standards.
- Creative craft skills. Demonstrates the ability to lead a team of user experience designers working on multiple projects and assumes responsibility for all documentation produced by the User Experience team. Sets up and conducts user research and works with research partners to fill research and usability testing needs for AKQA clients.
- Idea generation. Capable of defining consumers, processes, and ideas from an objective point of view based on research and insight, and can effectively communicate this point of view with senior management on both the agency and client sides.
- Leadership. Takes personal responsibility for on-time deliverables. Actively educates internal groups about user experience and provides a significant contribution to the development of client relationships. Is an advocate on behalf of “user experience” within the agency at large.
- Mentoring. Assists and guides other User Experience Designers in their professional development, fostering innovation in the User Experience team.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- A portfolio of work demonstrating experience leading or managing the design of complex systems across multiple platforms, including mobile and touch-based interfaces.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in user experience, information architecture, or interaction design.
- Proficiency of the user experience discipline and a solid understanding of all relevant methodologies such as persona creation, consumer journey mapping, service blueprints, heuristic evaluation, ecosystems, competitive audits, stakeholder/user interviews, card sorting, usability testing etc.
- Mastery with wireframing software such as Sketch, Adobe’s Experience Designer and Illustrator.
- Mastery with prototyping software such as Axure, Invision or Framer.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.