San Francisco, United States
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and experiences that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
AKQA UX Designers demonstrate passion, empathy, excellent listening skills, intelligence and a natural ability to remain calm while leading UX work and collaborating across project teams of designers, writers, technologists in a very dynamic, fast paced environment. Acting as the voice of UX both internally and externally AKQA UX Designers work as trusted advisor to our clients and are relied upon by our project teams to articulate the user experience (UX) for customers across a multitude of digital touch points, including apps, social media platforms, and digital signage.
Based in the heart of the SOMA district, the epicenter of the Bay Area’s technology industry. Our San Francisco studio offers staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world’s most vibrant and beautiful cities.
With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive services. We build experiences and applications that capture the imagination and deliver proven business results for our clients, including Facebook, PayPal, Uber, The Clorox Company, IBM, Levi’s and more.
Our San Francisco studio is uniquely diverse in its resident skillsets enabling employees to solve across the full spectrum of experience solutions. Ranging from strategy, creative and development through to programmatic media, integrated paid search, social marketing and predictive analytics.
- 6-8 years of related industry experience in UX, product design, new media, information technology, communications, or library / information science
- A portfolio of well thought out, beautifully designed examples of UX work for webpages, apps, social media platforms, and digital signage
- UX documents within your portfolio that include sitemaps, flows, and wireframes and case studies showing applied knowledge of usability, user-centered design, and content strategy and a strong capacity for both logical and creative thinking
- A deep appreciation and understanding of user experience, including research, user-centered design techniques, information architecture, usability testing-and applying it to create compelling digital experiences for large scale platforms
- Experience presenting work to both internal teams and client leaders, providing UX leadership and producing clear UX documentation for marketing sites, transactional flows, and app experiences, including sitemaps, wireframes, and prototypes
- The ability to clearly articulate design rationale, bring ideas to the table and collaborate effectively across disciplines with copywriters, art directors, developers, and cross-functional teams to develop clear proposals for UX solutions
- Proficiency in Sketch, OmniGraffle, InVision, Principle, and Axure as well as Keynote, PowerPoint, and Adobe Creative Suite
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- An extraordinary strategic mind set, a modern, clean, contemporary aesthetic, excellent taste, and passion for the principals of design thinking; combined with proven expertise in content strategy, system design, usability, analytics, user testing, information architecture, and marketing
- Top notch conceptual and analytical skills, as well as excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills and articulately express the rationale behind design decisions
- Extensive experience with content strategy and platform design, from large-scale marketing sites to transactional commerce sites
- The ability to iterate rapidly as ideas emerge and priorities change
- You understand the requirements of the creative process, including typical time and resources needed to produce extraordinary work
- You are comfortable providing UX direction to a broad audience and contribute at a high level during all phases of an interactive project
- Confident, humble and empathic; you can be trusted and relied upon to remain calm, organized, buttoned up and thoughtful of others while providing UX leadership in a frequently fast paced, high expectation, demanding environment
Please note: No visa transfers or visa sponsorships will be offered at this time. Candidates for this role must be able to work West Coast hours and be willing to work onsite with the team, when we return to the office.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply