Washington DC, United States
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
User Experience Designers at AKQA apply artistry and craftsmanship to strategic insights, designing articulate, beautiful and impactful customer experiences across a wide variety of channels and devices. Skilled storytellers and architects, they work in a multidisciplinary environment to create data-driven, user-centered solutions that transform business for our clients. Hands-on and endlessly curious, User Experience Designers take ownership for UX deliverables across client projects.
Based in DC, our collaborative teams work across a broad range of clients in design, strategy, analytics, product management, content, user experience and technology, with a core focus in the creation of brand-centric integrated campaign work.
We exist to create the future with our clients and that partnership is the basis of our practice. We work collaboratively across client teams to ensure each experience is of the highest quality and has a measurable impact on the customer and business alike.
· A solid understanding and demonstration of user-centered design principles
· Demonstrates a proficiency in patterns of interaction, layout, typography, form, color and motion design
· Mastery with wireframing as well as crafting high-fidelity design flows and prototypes using existing design system components, experience using Figma, Miro, Principle, InVision, Axure and/or Framer
· Capable of defining user journeys and developing ideas from an objective point of view based on research and strategic insights, and can effectively communicate this point of view
· You have exceptional written and oral communication skills and a passion for annotating concept flows with rationale, research, implications, goals, opportunities, considerations, potential constraints and open questions
· You have expertise in cross-functional collaboration
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
· A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the creative industry
· All candidates must possess a portfolio of distinctive work showing both product and service design as well as storytelling that demonstrates experience leading or executing design across multiple platforms, including responsive web, mobile applications and touch-based interfaces
· An ability and a desire to adapt to the changing landscape of technology
· Experience in, and enthusiasm for, bringing creative concepts and branding to life from brief to delivery.
· Experience in collaborating effectively with creatives who are both senior and junior to them.
· Strong communication skills: Verbal, written, interpersonal and interdepartmental
· Superb professionalism and mature presence in all aspects of the job
· Enthusiasm, passion and on-going curiosity.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us knowApply