Washington DC, United States
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
The UX Director is both a leader and is naturally adaptive and agile as well as passionate about UX and the value it creates. Responsible for the development of innovative customer experiences across a wide variety of channels and devices, they lead user experience activities on key projects and initiatives and work with clients to envision the solutions we craft. The UX Director collaborates with, and leads, multi-disciplinary teams to create innovate experiences for clients.
Based on the Georgetown Waterfront, our Washington DC studio creates breakthrough products and services for a diverse range of clients.
Recognized for outstanding work by Cannes, Apple and the Clio Awards, we deliver on our client’s most challenging briefs. This includes the future of retail, global entertainment launches and piloting digital products and services that reshape customer experiences.
We are proud of our industry defying retention rate, with both employees and clients alike. Over 20% of our employees have been with us for ten or more years. Our collaborative teams work across strategy, creative, analytics, and technology.
- A solid understanding and demonstration of user-centered design principles
- The ability to lead the design of large and complex systems of interactions
- Able to utilize state-of-the-art techniques and contribute to thought leadership activities
- Work with team members to develop streamlined UX processes
- Proactively pursues opportunities to improve the strategy to better address client and user objectives
- Continually innovates and improves on the agency processes and deliverables to set new standards
- Demonstrates the ability to lead a team of user experience designers working on multiple projects and assumes responsibility for all documentation produced by the User Experience team
- Capable of defining consumers, processes, and ideas from an objective point of view based on research and insight, and can effectively communicate this point of view with senior management on both the agency and client sides
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- You have a compelling portfolio of distinctive work showing both product and service design as well as storytelling
- Able to develop simple and elegant design solutions to complex design problems
- You have exceptional written and oral communication skills
- You have expertise in cross-functional collaboration
- Assists and guides other User Experience Designers in their professional development, fostering innovation in the User Experience team
- Foster progressive and limitless thinking
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply