San Francisco, United States
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
The UX Lead is naturally adaptive and agile as well as passionate about UX and the value it creates. Responsible for the development of innovative customer experiences across a wide variety of channels and devices, they lead user experience activities on key projects and initiatives and work with clients to envision the solutions we craft. The UX Lead collaborates with multi-disciplinary teams to create innovative experiences for clients.
UX Leads play essential roles in the strategy, conception and design of beautiful ideas, products and services. They bring exceptional creative thought and craft output, developing and delivering projects from brief to end user.
Based in the heart of the SOMA district, the epicenter of the Bay Area’s technology industry. Our San Francisco studio offers staff the opportunity to produce meaningful work for world-class companies in one of the world’s most vibrant and beautiful cities.
With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive services. We build experiences and applications that capture the imagination and deliver proven business results for our clients, including Facebook, PayPal, Uber, The Clorox Company, IBM, Levi’s and more.
Our San Francisco studio is uniquely diverse in its resident skillsets enabling employees to solve across the full spectrum of experience solutions. Ranging from strategy, creative and development through to programmatic media, integrated paid search, social marketing and predictive analytics.
- A solid understanding and demonstration of user-centered design principles
- The ability to lead the design of large and complex systems of interactions
- Able to utilize state-of-the-art techniques and contribute to thought leadership activities
- Work with team members to develop streamlined UX processes
- Proactively pursues opportunities to improve the strategy to better address client and user objectives
- Continually innovates and improves on the agency processes and deliverables to set new standards
- Demonstrates the ability to lead a team of user experience designers working on multiple projects and assumes responsibility for all documentation produced by the User Experience team
- Capable of defining consumers, processes, and ideas from an objective point of view based on research and insight, and can effectively communicate this point of view with senior management on both the agency and client sides
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- You have a compelling portfolio of distinctive work showing both product and service design as well as storytelling
- Able to develop simple and elegant design solutions to complex design problems
- You have exceptional written and oral communication skills
- You have expertise in cross-functional collaboration
- Assists and guides other User Experience Designers in their professional development, fostering innovation in the User Experience team
- Foster progressive and limitless thinking
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply