At AKQA we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. With an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, we design adaptive digital services and applications that capture the imagination, delivering impressive returns for our clients.
Our Video Editor plays an essential role in the creation of original and exciting video content. They bring exceptional creative thought and craft output, developing and delivering projects from brief to end user.
- Work alongside creative teams to create original video content for our clients
- Advise on film-related tasks and support senior Film team members when required
- Assist in internal filming requirements and carry out research tasks
- Stay up to date with current moving image trends
- Offer diverse film and music references to inform your work and that of others
- Develop a strong technical understanding of the post-production workflow
- Develop a strong understanding of the considerations of video for social media
- Export, compress and re-format video files
- Set up and oversee a system for keeping all files ordered
- Eventually manage and help nurture a team of more junior editors/video production
Skills and Experience
- High level of experience with Adobe Premiere Pro
- A decent knowledge of After Effects
- An understanding of how to work with motion designers
- 4-6 years experience within the moving image field
- Compelling portfolio of film-related work that demonstrates great passion for the moving image
- Fearless, boundlessly creative and relentlessly attentive to detail
- Driven to break boundaries and craft the best ideas of their kind in the world
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.