AKQA Web Developers are inspired by technology and have a passion for creating innovative technical solutions.
As a Web Developer, you will build websites and apps using web and industry best practices. You will provide accessible solutions whatever the device or input method. You will trail blaze new and innovative solutions using the latest browser-supported technologies, meeting clients’ needs.
You will love working in a team of highly skilled people, all with strong opinions about various technologies, frameworks and approaches to delivery. You will be able to articulate your ideas to your colleagues effectively and will take on board the ideas of others. You will thrive when faced with new challenges and will constantly look to improve clients’ deliverables.
Located in Berlin, Germany, as part of the AKQA team, you will work in an environment that fosters a dynamic and meritocratic culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields.
- Advanced knowledge of HTML 5, CSS, and web standards
- Experience of building websites using best practice techniques such as mobile-first, responsive design, progressive enhancement
- Experience working with Continuous Integration servers
- Experience of graphic rendering using the HTML5 Canvas API
- Experience with modern JS frameworks (e.g. React)
- Git (GitHub link a plus)
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- A practical problem-solver, who explores both innovative and pragmatic solutions depending on the challenge
- Personable presentation skills
- Ensure a collaborative ‘One Team’ approach of both client and AKQA representatives
- Experience of leading a small development team to produce a complex website or app
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.