Wellington, New Zealand
At AKQA, we have a culture of excellence in Software Development and Marketing Technology and pride ourselves on our track record of helping our clients leverage CMS features. Our Back End Engineers are expert problem solvers who develop seamless data exchange systems that power business solutions in the most optimal and scalable manner possible.
As a Web Developer, you will help develop the technical solutions that enable us to deliver high-quality digital solutions for our clients. Motivated by work that is ground-breaking in its thinking and execution, you will be responsible for defining our clients’ technical needs and working with the broader team to deliver it.
Located in Wellington, as part of AKQA, you will work in an innovative and inclusive culture, surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow within a creative and technically advanced team, and have access to ongoing personal and professional development. At AKQA, we are committed to your career growth, as well as to your work/life balance.
- Implement high-quality software solutions in line with business requirements.
- Diagnose and solve problems related to the technical delivery of your projects.
- Advocate for improvements to processes, quality, and security
- Ensure that your project deliverables meet time specifications and quality goals, collaboratively working with the rest of your team.
- Collaborate with broader project and discipline teams, implementing an iterative/agile methodology.
- Champion continuous improvement and best in class software engineering processes.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Comprehensive experience across a range of platforms and frameworks, such as SilverStripe, Laravel, React, VueJS, Linux(Debian/Ubuntu), CLI, Nginx, Docker
- Good knowledge of web protocols, architectures, infrastructure, servers (nginx/PHP-FPM), proxies, load balancing and high availability, etc
- Some expertise of networks, systems and persistence technologies including AWS and MS Azure
- Comprehensive knowledge of modern patterns and practices such as unit testing, inversion of control, repository, MVC and continuous integration, APIs etc
- Experience of diagramming an ecosystem that includes applications, servers, deployment and workflows
- Sharp attention to detail and a passion for new technology
- Collaborative ‘one team’ approach that enables client and agency partners to work cohesively
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer; we believe that diversity is vital to our ability to provide clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply