AKQA Announces Future Lions 2016 Winners
AKQA today announced the winners of Future Lions, the official student awards at the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Over 1,900 students from 69 countries participated, making it the most entered and competitive year.
The five winning ideas and teams are:
- Book Messenger for Penguin Books Team: Jiwon Ko, Miyeon Shin, Seonhaeng Lee, Haeyoon Jhun Schools: Kookmin University, Hongik University, Chung-ang University, South Korea
- Amazon Emma for Amazon Team: Yanci Wu and Xia Du School: VCU Brandcenter, United States
- IKEA HÅLLBAR for IKEA Team: Filip Myringer, Amelie Farmer, Olga Lillienau, Sofia Bleiweiss, Ebba von Zweigbergk School: Berghs School of Communication, Sweden
- Lego Generator for LEGO Team: Petter Monsen, Tomas Möller, Axel Lokrantz Månsson, Kristofer Gullard Lindgren, Simon Kraft School: Beckmans College of Design, Sweden
- Music Speaks for Spotify Team: Sebastian Brännén and Maria Lashari
- School: Berghs School of Communication, Sweden Berghs School of Communication is named Future Lions School of the Year, having received more shortlisted finalists than any other school. This is the third year in a row that Berghs has won this recognition.
Each winning team and Berghs School are awarded with the iconic Future Lions trophy on stage in the Debussy Theatre at the Cannes Festival Palais. Torsten Schuppe, Google’s Senior Director, Brand and Consumer Marketing EMEA, presented the School of the Year trophy. The ceremony was hosted by AKQA CEO Ajaz Ahmed and Group Creative Director Ian Wharton.
Ajaz Ahmed said: “Future Lions is a canvas where the next generation of talent unleash the start of their creative potential, sowing the seeds of an enterprising and rewarding career.”
Torsten Schuppe said: “Google is delighted to partner with AKQA for Future Lions. We are inspired by this year’s entries that thoughtfully pursue pioneering ideas, harnessing exciting new technologies to help people lead happier and healthier lives.” AKQA created and led the Future Lions program since its inception in 2006. The competition has launched the careers of over 60 of the most talented young creatives.
To learn more about the 2016 Future Lions winners, please visit: FutureLions.com