Taking it further
The actions and initiatives that will help inspire us to make further progress include:
Environmentally friendly office practices
- We continue to encourage behaviours from our employees which facilitate a reduction in environmental impact – from simple reminders on conserving energy such as switching off lights, to educational talks and training on sustainability best practices.
- We are working with our landlords in each studio to promote more environmentally sustainable conditions. Ultimately the goal is for each studio to be located in a building with comprehensive green credentials (e.g. LEED certification).
Water conservation practices
- Reducing consumption of natural resources has the biggest impact than any other sustainability initiative. The implementation of low-flow faucets, taps, toilets, urinals and shower heads will be a large step towards achieving our reduced consumption goals.
Low impact renewable energy-use
- We are working to increase our percentage of energy-use produced from low-impact renewable sources. This includes solar panel phone charging stations and rechargeable batteries.
Environmental design practices
- We are committed to carrying out recycling and reclamation programs to support the proper disposal or re-use of products, including furniture and electronics.
- We are seeing a transition towards the circular economy for the purpose of extending the life of materials and conserving natural resources. In line with this, we are exploring initiatives including the repurposing of our used coffee-grounds into bio-fuel.
- Accreditation allows companies to track and measure environmental initiatives, and is a marker of leadership in sustainability. Examples of accreditation include: B Corporation, ISO 14001, Planet Mark and ESOS.
Modern Slavery Act statement
AKQA does not tolerate any form of modern slavery or human trafficking in any part of our business.
AKQA, is a subsidiary of WPP, therefore please refer to WPP’s Modern Slavery statement here.
AKQA supply chain
Wherever possible, AKQA uses suppliers who are appointed by WPP Group Procurement teams for commonly purchased goods and services. These suppliers are selected in accordance with the WPP Procurement Policy. If AKQA needs to use a supplier outside the approved supplier list, then it is the responsibility of AKQA to select suppliers in accordance with the process and due diligence requirements outlined in the WPP Procurement Policy.
We are a work in progress and we are committed to making year-on-year improvements that advance, protect and provide a more sustainable future for all.
Ultimately, we are problem solvers.