• 6+ years experience and currently working with front-end technologies with experience of commercial web development.
• Experience in technology at leading digital agency or comparable organization.
• Formal qualifications in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, a related field advantageous.
• Bilingual proficiency (English and Mandarin) preferred.
• Local insight, understanding and appreciation a must.
• Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Confident and competent creating single page applications from scratch.
• Experience communicating with back-end services asynchronously via RESTful APIs.
• Solid understanding of cross-browser/platform issues and code solutions.
• Understanding of performance issues/solutions, particularly for mobile devices.
• Experience with WebGL and working with 3D in the browser.
• Ability to design UX, UI, 3D modelling concepts / assets would be a bonus.
• Experience with 2d graphics in the browser with canvas.
• Experience of version control using GIT.
• Experience using package managers such as NPM/Yarn.
• Able to implement and configure module bundlers such as Webpack.
• Experience automating tasks with tools such as Gulp, Grunt or NodeJS.
• Experience with Chinese platforms such as WeChat, Weibo, QQ, etc. highly favoured.
• Experience with other languages or creative technology mediums a bonus (C++, Java, ML etc)
• Experience communicating with external hardware such as Arduino, Microsoft Kinect a bonus
• Writes legible, manageable and extensible code that can be easily adopted by other developers.
AKQA is ideas-led agency and we work with the world’s leading consumer brands.
We have offices in London, Amsterdam, New York, Washington DC, San Francisco and Shanghai and are one of the world’s most rewarded creative agencies.AKQA has been named Revolution magazine’s Agency of the Decade; AdAge Digital Agency of the Year; AdWeek Digital Agency of the Year and Fast Company’s Top 50 World’s Most Innovative Companies.
Our people are core to the work we produce for our clients and contribute to a culture which fosters innovation, service, quality and thought in everything we do. We reward them by providing an inspirational working environment, opportunities to move between departments and international offices, competitive remuneration and an industry leading training and development programme.
The future inspires us. We work to inspire.