Senior Project Manager
At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. We exist to create the future together with our clients.
AKQA’s Senior Project Managers act as trusted advisors to our clients and empower our teams to do their very best work. You will be the vital conduit between the client’s problem and the delivery of solutions that delight stakeholders and achieve success.
As a member of AKQA Tokyo, you will join a dynamic, globally-minded team surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their fields. With oversight from the Delivery & Operations Director you will create world-class experiences for both Japanese and overseas markets.
- Successfully manage the execution of complex projects. Ensure targets are met, and that expectations, budgets, and timelines are aligned in collaboration with the Client Service team.
- Ensure consistently high stakeholder satisfaction, with mutual benefits for clients and AKQA.
- Provide accurate reporting and forecasting of resources, financials, deliverables and timelines; fostering visibility and tracking dependencies.
- Proactively identify project risks and devise mitigation strategies.
- Strategise to maintain optimal client profitability.
- Drive workflows and status reporting between teams and programs to ensure efficiency. Collaborate with Traffic to solve resourcing needs.
- Engage in new business pitches; supporting global and regional delivery leads.
- Drive key documents including estimates, SOWs, budgets and schedules, ensuring they are approved by discipline leads prior to client presentation.
- Maintain proficiency in AKQA’s Project Delivery Framework. Collaborate with the Delivery & Operations Director to craft long-term delivery strategies and implement industry best practices.
- Lead and inspire, sharing your knowledge with peers and mentoring mid/junior project managers. Cultivate a positive team environment, promoting proactivity, enthusiasm for client businesses, and continuous improvement.
QUALIFICATIONS & CHARACTERISTICS
- Minimum of 8 years of experience managing large scale projects focussed on DX and CX.
- Experience in agile frameworks, working with global teams, and agency operations.
- Experience in introducing and mentoring teams on new operational processes.
- Experience in change management — both client-side and within project teams.
- A strategic, creative, and results-oriented approach with experience in strategy-led projects.
- Exceptional project management and client relations skills.
- Strong leadership, with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Bilingual in both written and spoken English and Japanese at a high business level.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply